Welcome to the 2016-17 school year at Turtle Bay School! As everyone prepares for the start of the new school year, it is particularly important to assist our children with this transition. Here are some ways parents can help!
- Talk honestly with your children about their fears, and listen with empathy. They will share their feelings.
- Children cue from their parents, so if parents are calm, reassuring, and supportive, children will feel confident and comfortable.
- Children want to fit in, so it is helpful to be familiar with our dress code and obtain supply lists which are available in the front office.
- Start a bedtime schedule one week in advance of school and make sure your child gets at least 9-10 hours of sleep at night.
- Help them plan their clothing for the week and prepare backpacks the night previous to lessen morning stress.
- If you have a TK or Kinder student…
- When it is time to go, say good-bye to your little and leave promptly. The longer you stay, the harder it is for everyone.
- Please know the school will contact you if we have serious concerns but almost always, the little ones recover as soon as the parent(s) is out of view.
- Lastly…if Turtle Bay School is new to your child, plan on visiting us on August 16th for a “Meet and Greet” where your child can meet their teacher(s) and become familiar with our campus!
- TK-3 1- 2 p.m.
- 4-8 2:30-3:30 p.m.
We look forward to meeting you and again, Welcome to Turtle Bay School!
Christine M. Freseman, Counselor, Turtle Bay School